Because we are located on the outskirts of a big and beautiful metropolis there are numerous possibilities to enjoy yourself found in and around the lower mainland. If you have any questions or need help planning your vacation, please do not hesitate to ask!
Sport & Nature
· Golfing, with a spectacular view over the lower mainland. Select between two close by courses, the Westwood Plateau Golf academy (9 hole) and the Westwood Plateau Golf Course 18 hole).
· Swimming in or Canoeing on scenic lakes (10-20 min drive).
· Hiking, find trails starting almost behind the house.
· Tennis courts and other Sports Facilities are in our vicinity.
· Visit Vancouver's mountains (Grouse Mountain, Mount Seymour, Cypress Bowl) and enjoy the fabulous views on the city on many trails. (25 min. drive).
· Skiing (downhill & cross country) is also possible on Vancouver's mountains.
Shopping and Dining
· A shopping Mall is at the foot of the hill as well as numerous Restaurants. We will be happy to make suggestions.
Vancouver City Life
· Vancouver Downtown, just about a 30 min drive away, offers a wide variety of activities reaching from shopping and dining to art and entertainment.
· Stanley Park has a beautiful sea-walk, worth a hike, a bike ride or roller-blading.
· Vancouver Aquarium (within Stanley Park) offers a fabulous view into the sea world.
· Vancouver Art-Museum has permanent as well as varying exhibitions.
· Granville Island Market offers a lively market, a wide variety of unique shops and galleries as well as nice restaurants, a brewery and small theaters.
· Enjoy the stimulating hot water in Harrison Hot Springs (45 min drive).
· Enjoy the warm ocean (in summer) at Cresent Beach and go shopping and dining in White Rock, a beautiful village close to the beach (30 min drive).
· The Ferries to Vancouver Island and Alaska can easily be reached.
· The Mountain (Ski) Resort Whistler is about 120 km (75 mi) away.
If you would just like to stay and relax, then enjoy our house, garden and hospitality.